所有音樂僅供試聽﹐請於試聽後24小時內刪除。請購買正版支持您喜歡的歌手! all tracks are for previewing only. please purchase the album to support your favourite artists! click for a list of updates! 華語專輯chinese 日語專輯 japanese 韓語專輯 korean 英語專輯english

Saturday, January 20, 2007

2006.11.21 Serena Ryder If Your Memory Serves You Well

It was last Sunday I think... I was waiting for my friend to get off work when I swung into HMV in Richmond Centre~ I was browsing randomly in the store when I came across this album by the corner in the far end~ so I stopped in front of the CD player (they still exist?) and sampled a couple tunes and I was sure impressed!

Don't expect anything pop-ish or mainstream from this album; this is what I call a pure alternative album~ I don't know what's the real definition of alternative music~ most people might relate alternative music to underground or metal but as for me, I guess anything that's not mainstream goes into alternative~

I've listened to about half the album and I had some trouble classifying the album~ there's some country, some soft rock, some acoustic stuff, some jazz and some other stuff~ this is probably one of those little known albums that'll make a strong impression on your mind~

if you're tired of the pop scene, this is one album that you can dig in and get away for a bit~ =)

PS: Serena Ryder reminds me of Raechel Yamagata, another little known alternative musician (which I happened to discover at HMV as well)~ I'll put the album up if I have the chance~



Serena Ryder If Your Memory Serves You Well RECOMMENDED!
(yikes! I can't even find the album cover! ><)
click me to download or listen online
*right click save as on playlist to download selected track
once media player opens, go to file and "save media as"


01 Sisters of Mercy
02 Good Morning Starshine
03 This Wheel's On Fire
04 My Heart Cries For You RECOMMENDED!
05 Some of These Days
06 Quand les hommes vivront d'amour
07 It Doesn't Matter Anymore
08 (Take Me for A Walk) In the Morning Dew
09 Boo Hoo
10 Coconut Grove
11 You Were On My Mind
12 Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream
13 Weak In the Knees
14 Out of the Blue
15 Just Another Day

No comments: